Sunday, March 06, 2011

Amanda Knox

I just finished watching the Lifetime movie about Amanda Knox (the American student charged with murder in Italy).

First off, way too soon. The appeal is still underway!

Second, I admit to going into it thinking she was totally guilty (yea, I'm a cynic - I prefer the term "realist"). If the goal of the producers was to portray her as guilty (which seemed to be the complaint some people had), the producers failed.

If the goal of the producers was to make the Italians look inept and corrupt, they succeeded beyond their wildest dreams.

My biggest take away was that the Italian police MO is similar to that of the Inquisition. Round up some likely suspects, torture them into confessing and implicating others; pick up those implicated; rinse, torture, repeat.

No comments: