Wednesday, July 16, 2008

New Stars Status

I started in on some of the bugs:


Here we can see the new fleet composition pane. I still need to connect the "battle plan", "estimated range", and "cloak" areas. Also, I need to add a drop down with other fleets in this location (for fleet to fleet transfers). I also need to implement the Split/Merge buttons.

I also fixed the "close enough" check when adding waypoints. That was one of the first features in the GUI, when the canvas had a lot fewer things floating around. At some point, all the new canvas objects threw off the logic. It should work much better now. I also fixed the "redraw paths on delete" bug.

Then there is the production queue. I fixed the "remove all" problem mentioned, and improved the checks which combine nearby items. Also, the production queue and waypoints list should behave better when adding multiple (always inserting at end, rather than sometimes at the beginning).


I looked into the research tax. It is a top level XML thing, so I may want to adjust that through the C++ interface. I also gathered some data on the hab distribution. It is looking fairly flat. I want to gather a few more data points to be sure... I also started on handling shift and control down, but that will need more effort.


I'm not entirely happy with where this check in is (should have a few more features), but the code has been this way since Saturday (IIRC) and I haven't had a chance to work on it, and might not for a few days...

No comments: