Friday, November 03, 2006

New Stars Status

Here is the next screen shot:



We can see: the planetary environment display under the ship designer, the planetary build queue, a packet in the space display, and the ship designer dialog.

The ship designer dialog still needs a lot of work. It will currently display existing designs, but it cannot separate ships and starbases. It will not display enemy designs.

I have the drag and drop code for doing new designs, and I need to plug it into the "Copy Existing Design" and "Edit Selected Design" buttons. I also need to transmit the drag and drop commands back to C++ so that the new design can be saved.

That brings us up to date on the New Stars GUI. I will hopefully make some progress now :)

2 comments:

Commander Blop said...

Best planet graphic ever! Gotta keep that for the final version.

btw - shouldn't this blog be called A211?

nedbrek said...

Thanks, I used Windows Paint. That is a blue circle with a little brown, green, and white air brush :) Took about 30 seconds...

Yea, there was some confusion as to which room number it was when I started out. Too late to change now. Amazing what a few years does to the memory.