Tuesday, July 07, 2009

New Stars Status

Wow, a big change, not very fun, I was putting it off for a long time...



Notice the Long Range Scout is now named #1274... I have converted the ship design and fleet ids to follow the map given in my Sourceforge post (planet ids were the same before and after).

This revealed a bug that Cygwin Tcl 8.4 does not honor wide ints as 64 bits. It compiles, but apparently just gives you 32 bits... ugh. Then I had to switch everything over to -mno-cygwin, rebuild everything, and use the ActiveState Tcl (which is 8.5).

Since the new object id code makes use of rand, all the planets changed (which means I have to redo all the player orders). So, I took the opportunity to sort in the additional names John sent months ago. We now support ~2.5k planets with names. We will probably need an automated scheme for larger universes (which would probably be populated entirely by AI's, who aren't going to care about planet names).

I changed the fleet name label to left align. This is a little ugly for the shorter planet names, but it is much better for the longer fleet names. I also fixed a bug where fleet path highlighting would remain when you switch to a planet view.

1 comment:

jdevale said...

Looks like the gui updated too. Nice job. We need to get together for lunch and figure out priorities. I should have some time to devote next fiscal year...