Saturday, August 30, 2008

New Stars Status

Trying to work up to a battle in the two player game. I am trying to actually walk the players through their turns as they would be doing them (i.e. spending a lot of time micro-managing).

Part of that is implementing the "accelerated BBS" option (so I don't have to generate 30 turns before reaching colonization pop).

Then, I added the research tax option (visible in the dialog below). This uncovered several bugs in communicating this information from the player file to the server.



I also fixed the scanner pane so that it resizes itself to fill up the window. There is a somewhat annoying flicker as you click from explored to unexplored planets (due to different widths on the left)...

I also found/fixed a bug for JOAT w/o IFE getting Quick Jump 5 instead of Long Hump 6 (IFE properly gives the Fuel Mizer).

As well as a bug in the growth formula when planets exceed 25% capacity (aided by AccBBS).

Interesting note, on Linux, the two players are right next to each other. That means I can use it for some quick battles (and I need to fix the homeworld placement logic...)

No comments: