Sunday, August 13, 2006

Stuff I've read lately

Accelerando (by Charles Stross) - All I can say is "Russian doll, Dyson sphere, computronium!"
Hmm, let me also say Stross presents an interesting solution to the Fermi Paradox, but one that is ultimately insufficient.

Mere Christianity (by C.S. Lewis) - Well thought out, but shows its age. I am working on an updated version. If you have any comments, leave them here!

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus (by John Gray) - A good, humorous description of the differences between men and women. Offers some excercises to help men and women communicate.

Iron Sunrise (by Charles Stross) - A fun adventure set in the "Singularity Sky" universe.

Out of the Silent Planet (by C.S. Lewis) - I'm glad I've read this after "Mere Christianity". I know Lewis denies allegory in this case, but otherwise I would of likely filed it with Edgar Rice Burroughs ("Pirates of Venus").

1 comment:

Edwardtbabinski said...

Ned,
A friendly note that I responded to your post at Vic Reppert's blog regarding your hypothesis that the present cosmos is a "car wreck" compared with how it used to be.
Cheers,
Ed